A Graduate Education Program of Universität Hamburg in Cooperation with DESY
9-12 October, CFEL
The PIER Graduate Week 2017 takes place from 9-12 October at CFEL, Bahrenfeld campus. The graduate week is an interdisciplinary workshop and lecture week for PhD students. Numerous national and international experts will offer a wide range of introductory and focus courses. Also workshops and evening sessions complement the programme.
This year’s programme is again highly interdisciplinary and consists of a variety of introductory and focus lectures, covering the PIER research fields:
- Particle & Astroparticle Physics
- Photon Science
- Infection & Structural Biology
• New lecture "Physics for Biologists":
• Skills courses "Competent at conferences" and "Introduction to Scientific Computing"
• Scientific colloquium on ”From Skyrmions to Majoranas: Nanoscience Inspired by Particle Physics Theory”
• Industry talk on “Career paths in science and beyond”
• Poster session & poster prize
• BBQ, evening reception and further options for networking and socializing
This year's speakers
Celine Boehm (Durham), Karsten Büßer (Hamburg), Henry Chapman (Hamburg), Carsten Claussen (Hamburg), Florian Grüner (Hamburg), Rolf Haug (Hannover), Michael Hauschild (Hamburg), Thomas Ihn (Zürich), Jeroen Mesters (Lübeck), Nacho Pascual (San Sebastian), Michael Rübhausen (Hamburg), Roland Wiesendanger (Hamburg), Carsten Wrenger (Sao Paulo)
More information & registration: www.pier-hamburg.de/graduateweek2017