Convincing Scientific Presentations (online)
14-17 March 2022
Train your scientific presentation skills!
1. Create Clear Content
- Brainstorm: How could I serve my specific audience most effectively? What are their interests and what is my goal?
- Reduce: What exactly do I want to communicate? What will I not speak about? Designing your Take Home Message.
- Structure: The Bonbon-Format, your Main Question, Data Presentation.
- Exemplify: Find illustrative examples, metaphors, comparisons, images, ...
2. Design Proper Slides
- You will learn about beneficial slide design guidelines (How much text should I put on a slide? How many slides should I prepare?).
- You can learn from specific real-world examples of poor and great slides (How do I layout the slide? What fonts should I use?).
- You will receive valuable PowerPoint tips.
- Apply what you learned by redesigning existing own slides during the course.
3. Convince in Front of Your Audience
- Where to put your hands…: During small exercises in front of your camera you will receive valuable feedback on your body language by your peers and trainer.
- Eye contact and body movements. Tips for online and on site.
- How to structure your sentences
- Which words to choose and which to omit.
- How to involve your audience by including interactive elements.
- You will learn from video recordings of your presentation.
- Mastering Q&A sessions: How to deal with questions and criticism.
The online workshop is a lively mixture of trainer input and short exercises. You will receive individual feedback from other participants and the trainer. This allows you to specify precise areas of individual improvement.
Dates: 14-17 March, 2022
Venue: online via zoom
Trainer: Matthias Mayer
Detailed Information and Registration via Indico